Advert Ref: 1850IP
Makers Of Award Winning Jams Jellies Marmalades Chutneys For Sale
- Financial Details
- Asking price: £170,000
- Sales revenue: £231,629
- Net profit: Undisclosed
- Fixtures value: Undisclosed
- Stock value: Undisclosed
- Business Description
- Reason for Sale
The vendor wishes to concentrate on other unconnected business interests, which are not in Suffolk.
Formed in 2013 after the vendor acquired an existing, established preserve business, new premises were found and refurbished, which included the building of a purpose made kitchen and an outside wash plant. The vendor has grown the business in a short space of time with sales up by 53% in 2016 compared with the previous year. Excellent website established, along with high profile clients in the food and drink industry sector.
The business has a very strong and unique brand. The brand logo is IP protected and the purchaser would be licensed to use the branding for preserve making purposes. There is a ‘secret’ recipe book and the varieties of artisanal products include:
Numerous awards and accolades have been won, including SALSA accreditation.
There are currently 20 active customers, including some extremely high profile and prestigious names. The vendor is in further discussion with 8 potential new customers. The present market place is:
• Own label customers
There is huge potential to scale up this already expanding business – see details under ‘Growth & Expansion’.
The following elements are included in the sale and the asking price of £170k + SAV:
a) Brand licence
b) Recipe book
c) Customer base
2. Manufacturing equipment – there is full schedule, with 95 key items
3. Stock at valuation (see below)
4. Goodwill based on the 2016 annual accounts
The vendor has informed us that the stock holding is circa £30,000, which includes:
• Frozen food
• Dry food
• Containers, labels & boxes
• Completed stock
An interested party will need to carry out their own due diligence to establish an up to date position. The vendor will provide accounts verified by their accountant.
• Quality products
• Brand name
• Awards & accolades
• Growth in last 3 years
• Potential to scale up
• Purpose built kitchen/wash plant
• Low rent
• Operational Manager/Head of Kitchen
• High profile/prestigious customers
None of the fixtures and fittings have been checked or tested by Advent Business Sales Ltd and a potential purchaser should make their own checks regarding existence and condition.
There is a full schedule of manufacturing equipment that includes 95 key items.
Energy rating: E
To arrange a viewing please contact the agent.
DISCLAIMER: Viewing is essential to fully appreciate this business and is strictly by appointment only through the agents. All negotiations must be conducted through Advent Business Sales. Businesses/Properties are offered subject to being sold, let or withdrawn without notice at any time and without liability for any expenses incurred by applicants.
These particulars are provided as a general outline only for the guidance of intended purchasers or lessees and do not constitute all or part of an offer or contract.
All information supplied via Advent is based upon information supplied by the Vendor who has warranted to Advent that all of the information is accurate. Nevertheless, details are given without responsibility by Advent Business Sales Ltd for any or all descriptions, dimensions and reference to condition or value. Intending purchasers should not rely on these details as statements or representations of fact but must satisfy themselves of their accuracy by inspection, by independent advice and/or other appropriate means.
No person representing Advent Business Sales Ltd has any authority to make or give any representations or warranty whatsoever in relation to this or any other property.
Further information available upon request, please contact seller below for further details.
- General Information
- Trading hours:Mon – Fri with flexible hours depending upon peak periods, e.g. the lead up before Christmas and to meet customer demand.
- Lease terms:Leasehold:
6 years, with 2 years & 8 months remaining as at January 2017.
Rent review every 3 years.
£2,500 per quarter rent.
- Location:The business is based in a Suffolk town. There is free parking available on site for 4 cars at the front of the building and conveniently a pay & display immediately next to the premises.
- Energy Performance Rating: E
- Expansion potential:This is already an established and profitable concern, which offers excellent scope to increase both sales and profits further by:
• Securing some of the 8 potential new customers who the vendor is in further discussion with
• Attending food events/festivals
• Adopting a marketing plan and strategies to include:
- Premium/luxury retails stores
- Premium hotels
- Cruise liners
- Airport stores
- High end hospitality events
- Event goodie bags
- Selected online retailers
- As promotional goods
- Bars (mixing preserves & marmalades into cocktails!)
• For an existing player in the market, economies of scale can be achieved